Consent Orders

  • Once an agreement has been reached by both parties, they may wish to apply to the Family Court for Consent Orders;
  • Consent Orders are legally binding and enforceable orders obtained from the Family Court for a financial settlement of property and may also include child parenting orders;
  • Both parties can make an application to the Family Court for consent orders without having to go to court themselves;
  • Consent Orders can be obtained before, during or after a relationship has ended;
  • If you need assistance in completing the application for consent orders or drafting the minute of the consent orders, the family court web site provides guidance in this regard, see (;
  • If the parties agree on consent orders, as only lawyers can give advice on the legal content of any consent orders, we recommend that each party refer back to their respective family lawyers to obtain independent legal advice and feedback to ensure that their legal rights and interests have been addressed in the consent orders;
  • ADS can arrange for the signing of the application documents and the witnessing of signatures by a registered JP or a lawyer and the subsequent lodgement of the application with the Family Court;