Why Amicable Divorce Settlements was started:
- Traditionally, there were few other ways of sorting out a Property Settlement other than through the Legal Process.
- The legal process means having to negotiate through lawyers, or even going to court to decide the outcome of a financial settlement through trial.
- This is often very drawn out and can pull each party in opposite directions, which can result in stress, anguish, depression & uncertainty about the final financial outcome. It has lasting effects on relationships with your ex-partner, children, family and friends.
- Many couples, once they embark on the journey through lawyers and the courts, bitterly regret their decision and wish they could go back and work things out amicably between themselves.
- By going through the legal process, you will both win your individual battles, but will face insane legal costs during a drawn-out negotiation process that could last up to 24 months, or longer.
- The legal process is held by many to be unfair and often one or the other of the parties, or both of them, lack the financial resources to fund a protracted legal battle.
- Whereas the ADS Process enables a professional fair & reasonable outcome to both parties (married & de facto couples).
- The ADS commitment is to finalize your Property Settlement without a legal battle in court i.e. “Out of Court” settlement so that you do not have to negotiate through lawyers.
- If required, we can recommend you to any of our legal partners if you would like to utilize a solicitor’s services to draw up the family court documentation for filing.
- The majority of our business has been derived by referrals. We are good at what we do, but it does require each party to work with us to achieve this amicable goal.
- ADS are accountants, not lawyers and we do not give legal advice, only financial advice and we always recommend that both parties seek independent legal advice with regards their entitlements and any other legal matters.